Unix sound bug not fixed in 2.3 beta.

Ian Piumarta Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr
Fri Nov 27 13:16:14 UTC 1998

> Was the fix for the sound start prim supposed to make it into the 2.3 beta?

The 2.3beta image does not handle failure of the sound primitives
gracefully.  As soon as the "auto-disable-on-primitive-fail" is in the
image, I'll add primitive failure to the Unix sound stubs.

In the meantime, you can do this for yourself by uncommenting the

	/*success(FALSE)*/

in the #definition of FAIL() near the top of sqUnixSound.c and then
recompiling.

If there is an overwhelming consensus that the primitive should fail (and
hence provoke "a primitive has failed" notifier whenever the image tries to
play a sound), then I'll make the change and recompile all the binaries on
alix.  I await your collective wisdom on the matter... ;-)

Regards,

Ian