Regenerating the VM

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 4 06:18:39 UTC 1998

Yes, me!  If it's the same trouble I had, then the problem is in the definition of ioLowResMSecs in sq.h.  It is based on on clock(), which on Unix systems is a measure of CPU usage, not of wall-clock time.  The result is that certain operations think time is passing veeerryyy sloowwllyyy, and in particular delays take something like 1000 times as long as they normally should.

The quick fix is simple: in sq.h, redefine ioLowResMSecs to just be ioMSecs:

	#define ioLowResMSecs() ioMSecs()

In the long run, this definition should be made platform specific somehow.  Maybe sq.h should #include a platform-specific header file?

Lex