prototypes vs classes

Steve Dekorte steve at dekorte.com
Mon Oct 12 21:13:42 UTC 1998

David Stes <stes at mundivia.es> wrote:
> For example you should develop a class library in Squeak, and once it's
> done, come back and show us : look, here, prototypes would have made
> things much easier/powerful for me.

How about morphic?

I've had similiar discussions on non OO vs. OO languages and
the end result was always the non OO side saying "we can do that
too, and it's really not much more difficult"(and maybe "plus we
check more stuff at compile time - we are more secure").
I suspect the same would happen here no matter what examples I
offered. As with politics, differences are ultimately of values,
not of reason.

Steve