old TranslatedMethod instances lurking in the cracks

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Thu Sep 10 23:38:00 UTC 1998

For various reasons not of importance here, I noticed the there are four
instances of TranslatedMethod hanging around in my 2.1 image. They are all
attached to a mysterious methodcontext for Delay class>>DoIt via various
processes, blocks etc.

It turns out that by:-
a) inspecting the result of
Smalltalk forgetDoIts; garbageCollect.
Process allInstances
b) finding the one that seems to be hanging on to Delay class>>DoIt
c) inspecting it
d) doing 'self terminate' on said Process
e) restarting a Delay timer process with
Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher

you can get rid of them.

Looks like some minor leftovers from starting up something to do with the jitter?
Anyway it saves a few bytes and avoids some mysterious lurkers confusing things.

tim

--
IBM: Interesting But Mediocre
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)