Base image

Travis Griggs tgriggs at keyww.com
Tue Sep 1 18:21:53 UTC 1998

Stephen Travis Pope wrote:

> Being that Squeak is freely distributable, I think it
> would be great if more of us posted our working images
> and file-ins to the ftp archives. This is why I distribute
> the "STP12" file-in library. If more of us did this, it
> would less and less important what was in the base image.

You know.... I was thinking about this last night. I second Stephen's
comments. What might make this even cooler... In Squeak 2.0, there was
this automatic update thing, that would open a connection with some
hardcoded server name and filein changes put out by the Disney team. It
would be way cool, if there was a server that maintained not only those
updates, but a library of submitted components. A menu option, called
something like, "load components" would allow the user to select
components to be inserted into the image over the network. Maybe this
would be a good thing to add into the GATech's Swiki?

--
Travis Griggs
Key Technology
tgriggs at keyww.com
Smalltalk - 100% Pure Objects, Always had 'em, Always will!