Smalltalk is a tidier functional language than Scheme

Christopher Oliver oliver at fritz.traverse.com
Wed Sep 2 04:58:29 UTC 1998

> I wish we lived in a world where comparing Smalltalk and Scheme was a
> major issue.  Unfortunately, on any spectrum that includes C++/java,
> Scheme and Smalltalk are unresolvable close together.

Lost in the underflow.  [Sigh!]

How is it the most interesting programming technology seems to get
marginalized?  To a degree, I an understand the choices when hard-
ware is insufficient, but now that hardware runs good HLLs quickly,
why does everyone insist on poorly packaged replicas of the real
thing?  [Scratches head!]

--
Christopher Oliver                     Traverse Internet
Systems Coordinator                    223 Grandview Pkwy, Suite 108