Problem with Swiki in 2.2beta

Bob Houston bobh at agents.com
Wed Sep 23 01:44:03 UTC 1998

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who's contributed to the 2.2beta.
This stuff is great!

Lately, I've been playing with PWS and Swiki a fair amount.  I really like
the RenderingSwikiAction in the 2.2beta, however I'm seeing the following
problem:

After rendering some pages (a few dozen times) in a testSwiki, network
operations on my system stop working.  It appears that Squeak is not
closing its TCP streams after FTPing the swiki page to the remote server.
Quiting and re-running Squeak solves the problem.

Is anyone else having problems with RenderingSwikiAction or FTPSocket?

I'm running on a Mac G3 with OS 8.1.

Also, how many other folks are using PWS on a regular basis?  Would anyone
else like to have  PWS started automatically?  Perhaps this would be a good
preference to add to the 2.2beta.  The enclosed change file (762 bytes)
hard codes the PWS startup.  I'd like to see this (or something better)
added to 2.2.  Comments?

Thanks,
Bob Houston

Attachment converted: Anon:PWS-StartUp.cs (TEXT/MSIE) (00003303)