Base image, - about Cheese porting

Boris G. Chr. Shingarov usib6tfj at pol.ru
Thu Sep 3 06:46:01 UTC 1998

Doug Way wrote:

> I didn't realize that Cheese was something that might be ported to other
> OSes... sounds great!  I had assumed it was OS/2-specific.

Cheese was designed with portability in mind.  We're talking
with several guys about such porting (e.g. to Win32 - with
Joerg Brunsmann), but the current status of Cheese is such
that it's hard to collaborate on this right now, and I'm
pushing it as best as I can towards being accessible by
folks on other platforms.  I think the way how that can
be done would be to return to a Cheese4-like image having
'dual interface' (i.e. with both BitBlt and native windowing).
We'll see where this leads :-)

Boris