Does Squeak include a generic node class?

Stephen Travis Pope stp at limbo.create.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 22 06:54:34 UTC 1998

Jerome Garcia wrote:

>      I have not been able to find a generic node class in Squeak. Does
>      Squeak provide a node class similar to the TreeNode class provided by
>      Dolphin Smalltalk? If not, is there a reason why it should not?

This is not in the base class set because there is no general agreement on
how best to design and implement it for all uses. There are several
applications (such as the Siren sound/music tool kit) that add graph and tree
node chasses.

stp

_ Stephen Travis Pope
_ Center for Research in Electronic Art Technology (CREATE)
_ Dept. of Music, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB)
_ stp at create.ucsb.edu,  http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp/