Separating virtual machine and image files on Windows NT

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Thu Apr 29 22:43:21 UTC 1999

I can't replicate the problem so far. Please note that you will not be able
to open the same image multiple times without getting the warning about a
'missing' changes file. This is because Squeak keeps the changes file open
for write during the entire session and this prevents another session to
open the very same changes file.

In general, I always have VM/Sources separate from (multiple) image/changes
and I never had any problems with it. I have some questions that may help me
to clarify what's going on:

What does the title bar of the main window say? Does it display the actual
image name correctly?

After starting, if you click away the warning and open up a file browser,
what directory are you in? Is it the same as the image directory (which
should be the case) and can you see the changes file from there?! Given that
this is the case, when you're clicking on it, do you see the first n lines?!

What does the short cut look like?! Do you refer only to the image (assuming
that you have associated the *right* VM with '.image') or do you explicitly
specify the VM to use?!

Thanks for any information you can provide,
  Andreas
--
+===== Andreas Raab ========= (andreasr at wdi.disney.com) ==+
| Walt Disney Imagineering        Phone: +1 818 544 5016  I
I Glendale, CA                    Fax:   +1 818 544 4544  I
+======< http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab >========+