ActiveDeveloper? anyone play with this?

Ryan Davis ryand at ZenSpider.com
Sun Apr 18 03:05:26 UTC 1999

Has anyone played with this??? How "Smalltalk-like" is it?

ActiveDeveloper v2.07 -- Shipping, Ready and Productive -- for $199

Vestbjerg, Denmark -- InterACTIVE-Technology is now shipping
ActiveDeveloper v2.07 - our CrossPlatform Smalltalk-like Development
Environment for NATIVE MacOS X, Windows and OpenStep. And, also our
take on Thinking Different about Developing Object-Oriented Code from
OpenStep into Mac OS X.

We are excited to see MacOS X Server now shipping, and at the current
$499 price tag. Because, we know MacOS X Server isn't just another
Unix Server OS. Together with WebObjects and YellowBox it makes a
Magic and Premium Cross-Platform Developer Station. And, we with the
current price tag, we can also buy it as such - cool - thank you.

To celebrate the shipping of MacOS X Server - we have opened an
Introduction Offer of ActiveDeveloper v2.x floating network licenses,
available:
      Quad-Fat License for only  $199  -  (valid through April 1999)
      Normal list prices range from:   $299 Thin to $499 Quad-Fat

      Demos of ActiveDeveloper v2.07 are available for download from
              <http://www.interactive-technology.com>

      ActiveDeveloper v2.07 runs Rhapsody DR2, Windows and OpenStep.
      with support for MacOS X Server upcoming in version 2.08.

Merging two Technologies - is the good news about ActiveDeveloper.

      - The Intuitive and Productive Smalltalk Way of GROWING your Objects
      - The Magic and Powerful Frameworks of NeXT - now Apples Jewels.

You get a Smalltalk-like InterACTIVE Object Development Environment,
working at Runtime.

ActiveDeveloper is likely to very Rapidly turn you
Workspace-addicted, as it happened to most Smalltalk newcomers. Once
they grasped what that Workspace has to offer - " they immediately
started wondering how they ever gotten around without it ..."

GROW your Applications in WebTime through Inter*ACTIVE Development

ActiveDeveloper turns your NATIVE WebObjects, YellowBox and OpenStep
Projects InterACTIVE. Plus it offers you:
     - Project and Image concepts ...
     - Runtime  Class and Category Editors ...
     - Runtime  Evaluation, Display, Inspection ...
     - Runtime  Object Graph Browser ...
     - Runtime  Smalltalk-like Workspaces ...

Everything works inside your Apps at Runtime, without any need to
Restart or Rebuild contexts.

Edit-Compile-Play cycles are 1-2 seconds Even on the slowest Pentium-II system.

Use it to Explore API's, Prototype,Test, Debug or to Develop Large
Scale Structured Projects

It's IDEAL for both Beginners and Professionals, NO extra language to
learn - you start Running

So, why bother resorting to some Scripting language ... ??? Get truly
InterACTIVE - with NATIVE WebObjects, YellowBox or OpenStep.

Deploy NATIVE Cross-Platform Applications at Full Speed with
WebObjects, YellowBox and OpenStep

All Projects developed with ActiveDeveloper are 100% pure and NATIVE
to their respective API's. We have carefully designed ActiveDeveloper
with NO lock-in - Neither into your Source Code, nor inside your End
Products;

You ship your products as NATIVE WebObjects, YellowBox or OpenStep
Applications - NO libraries of Ours linked in. ActiveDeveloper is
only used by your Developers to set them InterACTIVE in their
development ...

Should you really really ever want to back out again. The decision is
yours entirely. All your code compiles straight with ProjectBuilder.

InterACTIVE-Technology
info at interactive-technology.com
http://www.interactive-technology.com

           Ryan Davis         -=-    Zen Spider Software
 -=- mailto:zss at ZenSpider.com -=- http://www.ZenSpider.com/ -=-
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said but,
I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.