A wrinkle in the release process

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Thu Apr 22 02:13:44 UTC 1999

OK --

I have retracted the 2.4 image and changes, and replaced it by 2.4a.

There is also a matching Squeak2.4a.sea for Mac users.

Andreas will ship a similar package for Windows tomorrow, but if you're in
	a rush, you can get the files individually off UIUC.
	If you do so, PLEASE fetch the image and changes in binary
	(raw data) mode.

** The image now knows it is 2.4 (duh).  You may run updates (tho there are none yet).

** The flip-out tab labelled "squeak" no longer produces a debugger error.

** VM builders please take note...
	While the Mac and Windows Squeak3D plugins are fully current,
	any Squeak3D plugin built from the 2.4 image (such as UNIX --
	my apologies, Ian) will not be, and they should be re-built to fix
	one minor bug, and gain a 30-50% speedup.

I will (after dinner) send out a do-it for anyone who wants to continue on with their perfectly good 2.4 (not) images.

	- Dan

Seen above a spitoon in a grand old New York hotel...

	"We aim to please.  You aim too, please."