Weak support for directory manipulation in Squeak (?)

Stephen Travis Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 7 21:58:58 UTC 1999

Thanks to all for the pointers to existing methods in FileDirectory and
DirectoryEntry. This is what I was alluding to in my comment

> (though this can be written using existing methods).

The problem remains that you apparently cannot remove a directory, and
that, as far as I can guess, a new primitive is required for this.

TimR's comment confuses me, however; does deleteFileNamed: work on
directories on other platforms (I'm testing this on a Mac)? Analogously
(based on Tim's note) does fileExists: answer true for directories on
other platforms?

--
stp

Stephen Travis Pope | stp at create.ucsb.edu |