[VM] NCM performance report

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Tue Apr 6 17:44:22 UTC 1999

On Tue 06 Apr, Edward P Luwish wrote:
> My two cents concerning performance and mini images:
[SNIPS}
> Perhaps even a return to the original
> concept of Smalltalk as a replacement for an operating system.  I don't want a
> PDA, I want a Dynabook!
Sigh. Me too. I want to build a StrongARM 1110 based machine with either
linux+squeak or just squeak. I believe I can do it a bit smaller than a
Palm III, maybe as small as a Palm V. 16-ish MB ram, 320*200 grayscale
screen. Basically a 3rd gen Itsy, plus some other bits. Maybe use IRDA as
a desktop machine connection. Maybe an addon unit to make a cellphone.

Somebody give a couple of million to get it started and cover 18 months of
development team work. Then maybe $5m to put together a plausible company.

Please? There must be at least a couple of millionaires reading this
list....

 tim

--
Useful random insult:- Talks to plants on their own level.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)