Separating virtual machine and image files on Windows NT

shaping at bigfoot.com shaping at bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 29 04:51:22 UTC 1999

Hi folks:

I have my virtual machine and DLLs in one directory and my .image, .changes,
and .sources files in another.   I formed a shortcut to run squeak.exe with
a full path to the .image file.  I double clicked the shortcut.  This caused
Squeak to appear with a warning about not being able to find the .changes
file.

Why would Squeak not look in the same directory where it was told to find
(and actually found) an .image file?  I don't want to duplicate my virtual
machines unnecessarily by throwing each of several different images into
separate directories with their own copy of a particular virtual machine.
Does anyone know what to do here?

Regards.