Squeak & Mozilla

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Thu Apr 29 14:58:02 UTC 1999

Kevin,

Making Squeak run as a plugin is a great idea, and you don't
even need to tear into the Mozilla source code to do it! There's
a Netscape Plugin SDK available from the Netscape web site
that gives you all the interfaces you need. What's more, I'm
pretty sure that this SDK produces plugins that work with
Internet Explorer as well as Netscape Navigator.

We actually had this working at one time (2.5 years ago),
but when I tried to get it going again, I got system errors
and I haven't had the patience to get to the bottom of the
problem. It's probably something trivial, perhaps having to
do with memory allocation...

If you're serious about this project, I can give you
pointers to the old hooks for doing this. If you're just
hoping someone else will do it, don't worry. Someone
probably will...

	-- John