Thinking about a better UI

Jerome Garcia Jerome.Garcia at wj.com
Thu Apr 15 18:12:51 UTC 1999

<lots of good stuff deleted>

One nice feature of MSWindows (and Motif, X-Windows) is the ability to
resize the window from any of it's edges.

<lots of good stuff deleted>

I can't overemphasize how much I like this feature and how much I miss it
when I work on the BeOS. Usually, I only have one of my many windows
maximized. That is the window that presents the object living in the
workstation image that we call TheMachine (the whole semiconductor
processing machine). The rest of the windows associated with embedded
images, browsers, debug panes, etc., I size and position so that I can see
everything I am interested in at particular time. Being able to resize from
any edge really helps in this process.

Jerome