[BUG] source codes for many methods are broken

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Wed Apr 21 16:23:33 UTC 1999

Dan Ingalls wrote:
> >  By the way, I have been received much benefits from the 'browse
> >method conflicts' function of the change sorter when new
> >updates were released.  My question is how I can merge my
> >project which have been developped on the 2.3 (and 2.4beta)
> >into 2.3 release easily.  Or how I can figure out which
> >method in 2.3 is modified to make 2.4.
>
> I know this is a problem, because when I make up a new
> release, I clean out all past changeSets, and condense the
> .changes file as well.
>
> So, if you want to do this,  Start with a 2.4beta image,
> and update it fully.  The result will be exactly the same as
> the 2.4 release (*), except that it will still have all the
> changeSets, and all past versions of the source code still
> in the .changes file.

  I tried this and this seemed work fine enough.  Thank you!

  The project I mentioned is the multilingual issue and it
mainly modifies the "low-level" classes (String,
CharacterScanner, etc.) while the recent changes seem to
concentrate to the "high level" ones, so it turned out that
the conflicts was small.  Now I can use Japanese strings on
unmodified 2.4 VM.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology