MVC rip

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Thu Apr 22 13:44:08 UTC 1999

>Not to be a spoil-sport, but is the capability there to rip out the Morphic?
>(Sorry if this disappoints, but I'm oriented to MVC based tools:-b )

Jerry -

Hey, we exist but to serve.  Did you look for a message named, say, discardMorphic?

This has been there and working since the beginning of morphic.  Try it out.

Morphic is growing not because it's a religion but because it seems to be a better way.

Have you looked at how existing MVC apps run under Morphic?  The truth is that they use all the same MVC dependence protocol.  It's just that the views an controllers are more simply integrated, and the graphics model is considerably simpler and more general.  Pick something simple like the fileList and compare them.  You'll see that the model-side setup is nearly identical.  But when you move or resize morphic views, they never lose their concreteness (although this is a preference if you're on a slow machine).  Also, in morphic, you can make the scrollbars be inboard and on the right.  Not that one would want to, but it comes along for free.

Check it out.

	- Dan