corrupted changes file indices?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Apr 22 15:12:24 UTC 1999

Tim> In checking out the report of corrupted sources some more, I think that
Tim> there is a problem.  I just downloaded the latest sea archive of 2.4a and
Tim> still found a bunch of methods being displayed incorrectly.

Tim> The first corruption occurs in the Squeak2.4a.changes file for
Tim> B3dRotation> a:b:c:d:, and everything else after that seems to be off by
Tim> 19 bytes.  Could the indicies have been computed with a source having
Tim> CRLF's in it, then later the LFs were stripped without updating the
Tim> indicies in the compiledMethods?

I just downloaded it as well, using the .sea.  When I pop up a browser
on the method you name, I get the normal view.  Is there some other
way I need to look at the file?

Are you sure your stuffit expander settings aren't hosed?  I know that
a long time ago, I was advised to set stuffit expander's
cross-platform settings for "Convert text files to Macintosh format"
to "NEVER".  Have you done that?

Email: <merlyn at stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger merlyn at teleport.com)
Web: <A HREF="http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me