Running Squeak on Linux

John (Zhijiang) Han zhan1 at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 6 02:58:21 UTC 1999

> 2) When using Ian's other precompiled VM (SqueakVM-2.3-i386-linux-2.1.24)
>    I get the following the following error:
>    Could not open the Squeak image file 'squeak.image'.
>
>    The file does exist and is correct.  I have attempted to use relative
>    and absolute paths (./squeak.image or /usr/local/squeak/squeak.image),
>    but these attempts also do not work.

I did experienced with this one every once a while. What I did is that, if
using "squeak.image" as the argument fails, try using just "squeak", or vice
versa. This is sort of strange, though.

Cheers,         * http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/zhan1
John (Zhijiang) *            zhan1 at uiuc dot edu
--
(^_^) Jesus Loves You