Squeak as Helper App -- can we fix Macs?

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 9 16:08:12 UTC 1999

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Mark Guzdial wrote:

> I'm not sure that I actually want multiple Squeak images to be running
> (though maybe that's how it's happening on Solaris/NT/95!  We're exploring
> that.).  Getting ODOC to be handled would be great, but I imagine that it
> might be hard to integrate into the existing VM.

Hmm. "DoScript" might be easier.

Also, you might consider going some indirect route. Have the click invoke
an AppleScript which (if squeak isn't running) lauches Squeak and then
either manipulates the interface (using on of the type/mouseclick
extentions) or writes a very short file to a special directory that Squeak
moniters.

Some sort of jury rigging of this type should be reasonable. Better than
mucking with the VM ;)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.