Full duplex sound

Juan Manuel Vuletich jmvsqueak at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:08:08 UTC 1999

Hello Folks.
I am working on sound support for Squeak in OS/2. I am having some
trouble with simultaneous playing and recording. I tried it in the
Windows version, and if I have some sound playing, and try to record
sound, the sound playing stops. (On a machine that can do full duplex
audio from other programs.)
Is this a limitation of Squeak or of my experiments on OS/2 and the
Windows version? Is there a workaround? Does this work OK on the Mac?
What about other platforms?
I am willing to do a small multitrack audio recorder and would need
full duplex audio for this.
Thanks in advance
Juan Manuel Vuletich
jvuletic at dc.uba.ar