default text size problem.

Scott.Wallace at disney.com Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Fri Apr 30 20:36:14 UTC 1999

Shaping,

Re:

> Thanks for that.  Why then was the procedure (Dan's) below offered?  I
> thought there might have been a subtle difference, but don't recall what
> it was.

Dan and I had both independently responded to Joshua's March 25 query.

The history of this particular mixup is simply that Dan had coincidentally just been poking around in some of the relevant data structures, and so he helpfully shot off a quick, speculative reply, unaware that there was a direct (and documented) mechanism provided for accomplishing the reinstatement of default flaps, and also unaware that the steps he suggested could leave duplicate flaps lying around.

I can understand why, faced with conflicting advice proffered by Dan and by someone else, the reader would give primacy to Dan's.  I certainly would!

  -- Scott

------

------