Squeak 2.4 available (Win NT install problems)

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Wed Apr 21 15:40:21 UTC 1999

Hi Dan (& Squeakers everywhere).

Looks like lots of neat stuff in there!  Thanks!!

I'm having some problems with 2.4, however.  Here's what I've tried to do:

1.  I downloaded everything you suggested for Windows into a new directory.

2.  When I ran Squeak, I got a message about missing V2 sources, so I copied
my SqueakV2.sources (dated 5/23/1998) file from my old Squeak 2.3 into that
directory.  I also copied in my old Squeak.INI (which I gather is a VM
preferences file).
3.  This time the image came up without complaints, but the VM Preferences
indicates that I'm running the following version:
*	$Id: sqWin32Window.c, 2.0.1.12 1998/10/02 22:28:01 raab Exp raab $
I interpret that to mean that my Squeak executable is old (even though it is
labeled 2.4).
4.  When I try to enter the Play With Me 7 project, I get a warning telling
me that I do not have 3D primitive support, even though I have the new
Squeak3D.DLL file in that same directory.

Q:  Am I doing something wrong?  Does the .DLL belong somewhere else on a
Win NT platform?  Should I have a newer SqueakV2.sources file?

My Platform is:  Windows NT 4.0, service pack 3.  I'm running a 266MHz
Pentium II with lots of memory.

Thanks for your help & for all of the great new code (I'm itching to dig
into it!).

---==> Chris