[ENH] Wheel mouse support for Win95/98

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Mon Apr 19 06:24:34 UTC 1999

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Reinier van Loon wrote:

> > Has anyone been able to use a scroll-wheel mouse with Squeak?
> Yip, me. I just finished the VM for Windows95/98 and it works!
> No Squeak side changes. Just put the VM in your Squeak directory, start
> Squeak and wheel on!

Hi Reinier,

How do you get Squeak to scroll without a Squeak side change? I assume you
did not just map the wheel to the cursor up/down movements. The "usual"
behavior of the wheel is IMHO to scroll without affecting the caret's
position, and to scroll faster than 1 line per event. That's why I sent
the little "scrolling" changeset last week (which is, in fact, independent
of the VM change so should work with your solution, too ...)

/bert

--
 Bert Freudenberg                                       Department of
                                                        Simulation and