[PWS] PWS only meant for Swiki?

Reinier van Loon R.L.J.M.W.van.Loon at inter.nl.net
Fri Apr 30 18:51:44 UTC 1999

Well, I don't want a Swiki. I want a different kind of web server.

I fixed my problem by removing the checkVersion send and fixing ServerAction
class>>serverDirectory. Now, I have something like:

J:\Squeak2.4b\Server\

with all kinds of HTML documents in it and I'm able to serve pages long as
there is a default.html. Accessing a non-existent file gave a problem. Below
is the fix. Running the PWS on NT4.0 without SP4 gave all kinds of hangs on
the browser. Running the same image from a different machine with NT4.0/SP4
was painless.

I was just "complaining" about the fact that PWS has become very
Swiki-oriented (e.g. PWS>>initializeAll, CodeServer>>smtlk: etc.).
IMNSHO, there should be a SwikiServer which is implemented with a PWS. It
looks like pluggability and its application are intermixed.

Reinier.

'From Squeak 2.4b of April 23, 1999 on 30 April 1999 at 8:38:50 pm'!

!ServerAction methodsFor: 'URL processing' stamp: 'RvL 4/30/1999 20:38'!
replyTo: pieces from: request

 "Transcript show: 'Reply: ', pieces; cr."
 (StandardFileStream isAFileNamed: pieces)
  ifTrue: [
   request reply: PWS success; reply: PWS contentHTML, PWS crlf.
   request reply: (FileStream fileNamed: pieces) contentsOfEntireFile]
  ifFalse: [
   request reply: PWS notFound, PWS crlf.]. "was request error: PWS
notFound"
! !