Squeak 2.4 available

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Wed Apr 21 02:04:11 UTC 1999

Folks -

I have just put out the main files of the Squeak 2.4 release on the UIUC server in the

	Smallalk/Squeak/2.4/ folder

They are...
	readme.txt
	Squeak2.4.image
	Squeak2.4.changes

Mac VMs and plugins...
	Squeak VM 2.4 PPC
	Squeak VM 2.4 68K
	SoundCodecPrims
	Squeak3D

Windoze VM and plugins
	Squeak24.exe
	SoundCodecPrims.dll
	Squeak3D.dll

And also the first 7 stuffed in a Mac archive as Squeak2.4.sea.

I'm running out of steam today, but perhaps a couple of early adopters would enjoy trying these out and letting me know how they run.

*NOTE*  To run 3D or the GSMCodec, you MUST have the corresponding plugin in the same folder as your VM when you start up.

If all runs correctly, you should be able to enter Play WIth Me - 7, set it to 16-bit depth (though it will work as is in 8 bits) and run through all the examples in Jeff and Andreas's three dimensional tour-de-force, Squeak-Alice.

Enjoy!

	- Dan