[bug] Directory Primatives in windows [Re: Your data is served...]

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 30 10:31:13 UTC 1999

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Stephen Travis Pope wrote:
[snip]
> YES, LOTS!
> Well, aside from basic bug chasing (they're still there, I know) and
> portability (it's only guaranteed to work on Macs at the moment, and it
> requires the new 2.4 directory primitives), I'm working on three main

Well, I'm trying to get it up and running on Win98 and the first sticking
point is that FileDirectory>>deleteDirectory: always fails! Thus the
MinneStore compatability test always fail. They fail, seemingly, no matter
how I try to use them (e.g., simple tests outside of the MinneStore fair
no better). (Note: I've tried using the STP image version of MinneStore,
as well as a plain 2.4 image).

Are the directory primities actually available for Windows?

(OTOH, I'm *very* excited by MinneStore! Thanks for the port.)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia