PWS Response Times Improved by moving mouse!

Peter Smet peter.smet at flinders.edu.au
Thu Aug 5 06:55:16 UTC 1999

>"Peter William Lount" <peter at smalltalk.org> wrote...
>>I have the Squeak Plugabble Web Server running on a FreeBSD box with
Squeak
>>2.4c and I've noticed something very odd. The response time of the server
>>is very slow or non-existant unless the mouse is moved on the server's
>>squeak x-window! I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and if there
>>is a fix?
>
>Yes.  In many airports they sell battery powered toys that run around your
desk, but don't fall off the edge.  These are also second-sourced by the
FreeBSD Users' Group.  Get one of these and tie it to your mouse with a
short string.

>What's that funny smell?
>
> - D

Offcourse, this is only a temporary workaround. The FreeBSD mob have a much
more elegant solution. They are working on a motorized mouse.... :-)

Peter