Squeak Newbie...trouble running Siren on Windows 95

Michael Rueger Michael.Rueger.-ND at disney.com
Tue Aug 10 22:12:39 UTC 1999

Thomas Livingstone wrote:
> on MIDIPort the MIDI fails to open. I have debugged it as far as the
> method primOpenMIDI: socket: which calls primitive 610.......
>      What is strange is that there are no such problems with the class
> SimpleMIDIPort which can see all the Midi ports on my soundcard
> (Turtlebeach Tropez plus) just fine.

I'm glad I'm not alone ;-)
I tried the same and failed too.
The problem seems to be that the "normal" midi stuff and the siren
implementation use different primitives and the siren primitives are
only available on a mac?!

The web site states it was tested on winXX, so am I/are we missing
something? S.T.P.?

Michael

--

 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill