Please help: Recovering Swiki from "crash"?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 3 14:40:05 UTC 1999

If look in the actual Swiki directory, there will be a bunch of files named 1, 2, 3, ....  There is one file per page, an if you look in the files, you will see all previous versions of each page are in there.  In the worst case, you could go in there with a text editor and cut and paste your things out.

As for why it happens, how do you restart your Swiki?  If you restart it with a "restoreFrom:" command, then it will read in all the old files.  If you go through the initial creation methods again, however, it will start a new Swiki and forget about all its pages....  If I'm not mistaken, the proper command would look like:

	SwikiAction restore: 'swikiname'.

(Assuming you have set up ServerAction>>serverDirectory already).  I'm sure someone will correct this if I'm wrong :)

Lex