Problems with Colors in 2.5. Windows Port

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Fri Aug 27 14:33:30 UTC 1999

Hi,

I use Win NT4.0 SP5 with the Squeak 2.5. release and have problems
with changing morph colors in 32bit color mode.

I've done the following:

- opened a virgin 2.5. image
- set color depth to 32bit ("appearance" menu)
- open a new morphic project
- create a morph (for instance an ellipse morph)
- select "fill style"-"change color" in the
  morph menu
- after selecting a color, it gets always translucent !!!

Another thing:
- if I switch back to another mode with less colors (for instance 16bit)
I can
  change the color - looks nice. Then, back in 32bit mode the color will
stay -
  also nice. But the first time I try to change the color it gets
translucent again.

The same thing happend if I used other morphs. Maybe it has something to
do with
the change in the morph coloring (in 2.5 you can switch between gradient
fill, solid fill
color, ...) In Squeak 2.4. it works.
Also the 32bit mode look more ugly comparing to 2.4 if I use a desk
background picture.
Is this special to Windows or do we have this problem on other
plattforms too ?
Any ideas ?

-Torsten