Minnow not accepting connections

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 16 15:03:14 UTC 1999

Two Minnow events occurred:

- We took it down to run diagnostics, to check if a disk error was leading
to some of the crashes we've experienced lately (nope);
- And we got hit by a particularly nasty robot that was triggering loads of
searches and such.  Machine stayed up, but processor was swamped.  I've
updated robots.txt to disallow all access by robots.

Meanwhile, we continue to hunt down the instability.  From the symptoms
when it locks up, it looks like Socket>>createIfFail: *always* fails at
some point (in ConnectionQueue>>listen), but at that point, the UI is
locked and we can't do any further debugging.  Still digging...

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu