Smalltalk implementation of Linda?

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Thu Aug 5 12:45:14 UTC 1999

>Hello -
>
>I'm looking for a non-proprietary Smalltalk impementation of the
>Linda tuple-space kernel for parallel programming.  We are
>considering this facility for Squeak and it would be nice to save a
>little work.
>
>If you don't know about Linda and are curious, check out CACM Vol 32
>no. 4, April 1989.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>	- Dan

There was a recent posting to Python-L about a Python implementation
of Linda (called Brenda) for Unix with sources.  Not knowing anything
about Linda, I cannot pass on its adequacy or completeness.  It can
be found at:

	http://www.snurgle.org/~pybrenda/

Though I have not looked at this one, my experience is that python
modules can often be munged into Squeak plugins fairly easily.  At
least it will give you a useful base of sources from which to begin.