multiple questions & ideas

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Fri Aug 13 18:43:06 UTC 1999

On Fri 13 Aug, Stefan Rieken wrote:
> Tim Rowledge wrote:
>
> > Porting is fairly simple. Look at the porting notes on the www.squeak.org
> > swiki. I am working on modularising the VM so that it can be even simpler.
>
> Really sorry Tim, I searched but cannot find the page on the swiki.
>
> Could you please be something more specific?

I coulda sworn there was a page all about porting, but I can't find it.
However, there still seems to be some useful info on:-
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.157
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.271
and I've just added a starting entry on porting to http://minnow.cc.gatech.
edu/squeak.794  and pointed to it from the Virtual MAchine Hacking page as well.

John Maloney produced a MacMinimal.c file some time ago that provides minimal
stubs for most of the non-essential platform specific functions.  It gets
written out if you do 'InterpreterSupportCode writeMacSources'
You might also find various of my Acorn source files useful, since I had to
make null-stubs for the sound, serial, midi and printing stuff that I never
seem to have time to work out!

--
Debugger: A tool that substitutes afterthought for forethought.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)