Car and Steering wheel demo

Daniel V. Oppenheim music at watson.ibm.com
Thu Aug 26 18:35:15 UTC 1999

This is FANTASTIC -- thanks for taking the time to create it! As others
have already suggested, tapes would be a GREAT way to introduce and demo
Morphic (and other parts of the system unique to Squeak). Recording is
probably much faster and more fun than writing intro documents. I would
really apprecaite a collection of recordings of 'cool' squeak features to
learn from -- I'm learning a lot from them!

	Danny

At 09:42 AM 8/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I've placed a recorded demo of creating a car and string wheel and then
>hooking them up at:
>
>http://www.advantive.com/squeak/car.tape
>
>Instructions:
>
>1. Get a fully updated standard Squeak 2.5 image
>2. Start it (don't resize anything).
>3. Create and Enter a Morphic project
>4. Open an EventRecorderMorph and position it precisely in the
>    top left corner of the screen (aligning the pixels with the top left)
>5. Select "readTape" and enter your downloaded copy of the above file
>6. Select "play" and watch
>
>Note, the EventRecorder is very sensitive to the positions of things.  Also,
>if you system runs more slowly than mine, it might not work properly.
>
>- Stephen

---

Dr. Daniel V. Oppenheim

	Computer Music Center
	IBM T.J. Watson Research Center	     phone: (914) 945-1989
	P. O. Box 218 (or Route 134)	     fax:   (914) 945-3434
	Yorktown Heights, NY 10598	     www.research.ibm.com/music