Minnow Down?

squeaker squeaker at dangerous-minds.com
Sun Aug 22 21:49:29 UTC 1999

> Mark and I have discussed some alternative mechanisms
> to keep access, at least, (if not editing) up even
> when Squeak crashes. Either way, I hope that we can
> get the situation stabilized soon.

Some such solution would be *very* helpful.  I can understand that simple
mirroring will not work with a Swiki, because of the dynamic editability.
But even a "read-only" mirror at a different, reliable site would ease the
pain.

I don't know about the rest of you, but Squeak has become absolutely
mission-critical for me and I'm new enough at it that I *really* need the
help, information, and support provided on Minnow, etc.  For me, at least,
Squeak is not an academic project, it is my development environment.  To
have my "help" system go down sporadically is very scary.

John

| John, squeaker at dangerous-minds.com | Squeak? http://www.squeak.org/ |
| "Some minds are dangerous because they're sharp and pointed;        |
|  others, because they're heavy and dull; mine, because I know       |
|  enough to get into trouble but not necessarily out."               |