Dealing With Exceptions

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen_Wirfs-Brock at Instantiations.com
Tue Aug 17 15:55:50 UTC 1999

At 09:46 AM 8/17/99 -0400, Stephen Pair wrote:
>Having used the TFEI exception framework for a little while now, I have the
>following comments:

....>
>2.  It appears that handlers handle exeptions signaled in the handled block
>as well as the handler block.  For example, in the following:
>
>[ Error signal ] on: Error do: [ :ex |
>	Transcript show: 'error'; cr; endEntry.
>	Error signal.
>]

The observed behavior does not correspond to the ANSI specification. In
other words, this appears to be a bug. As you expect, the exception
environment of the handler block should be the exception environment that
encloses the handler.  It shouldn't loop.

Allen Wirfs-Brock