[Ext] FileList extension for registering HTML-Diskfiles with Scam

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Thu Aug 19 21:55:22 UTC 1999

On Thu 19 Aug, Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com wrote:

> I don't know if scamper can handle: 'file://', htmlFileNameAndPath
> on all these systems, but I think it should work.
...which reminds me of an interesting proposal relating to file name
problems/possibilties and a recent thread; how about simply making Squeak
handle filenames as URLs and be done with it?  We did it for the Interval
MediaTalk stuff and it worked rather nicely. No platform confusion in the
software, interesting capabilities and users are getting to be pretty familiar
with URLs so there isn't really any great problem with the 'different' syntax -
since it isn't really different anymore!

tim

--
Useful random insult:- If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)