PWS headless - Lack of Responsiveless and Double Submits

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Thu Aug 26 00:40:14 UTC 1999

On Wed 25 Aug, Peter William Lount wrote:

> Is there a way to have Smalltalk level code read the virtual machine unix
> command line arguments... I'd like to have squeak read an optional argument
> for the port that it should serve pages on... This allows many copies of
> the same vm to be started simply via a single unix script...
Yes, there is, take a look at SystemDictionary>getSystemAttribute: and
>readDocumentFile: for exemplar code.  You should be able to read up to about a
thousand args (probably running out of memory somewhere if you really tried it
!) via the getSystemAttribute: method.

tim
PS your mailer seems to keep messing up the Reply-To stuff in your postings.

--
Useful random insult:- Mouth is in gear, brain is in neutral.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)