Dealing With Exceptions

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen_Wirfs-Brock at Instantiations.com
Tue Aug 17 17:19:16 UTC 1999

At 09:46 AM 8/17/99 -0400, Stephen Pair wrote:
>Having used the TFEI exception framework for a little while now, I have the
>following comments:
>
>1.  The default action in a handler block is to return if the exeception is
>not resumable and resume if it is.  I think this could lead to confusion
>when examining the handling code.  My own expectation is that the handler
>would return by default.  Perhaps this is an ANSI standard issue.

While the above does match the VSE implementation, it does not conform to
the ANSI standard specification. In the ANSI specification an explicit
#resume: or #resume is needed in the handler block. Falling off the end of
the handler block is supposed to return from the #on:do that established
the handler.

Allen Wirfs-Brock