Minnow Down?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 25 20:39:56 UTC 1999

I understand the concerns, and we do have several viable alternatives.  We
could construct a cachedSwiki which has been useful for the 2390 CoWeb:
http://pbl.cc.gatech.edu/c2390/1.html is the cache for
http://pbl.cc.gatech.edu:8080/cs23901.  We could also have the Squeak Swiki
rendered to a read-only site regularly -- we've used RenderingSwikiActions
in the past, too.  See http://www.cc.gatech.edu/classes/cs2390_99_spring/
as an example.

The issue is really just cycles.  We are trying to *fix* the problem, and
that consumes some cycles.  We also have a bunch of serious Squeak-based
projects ourselves, including an NSF-funded cross-curriculum integration
project and over 1000 students using Swikis on campus this semester, many
in new ways and new departments that we've never worked with before (e.g.,
electrical and computer engineering, and composition.)

It's on the list, but I can't give you a firm date when we'll get to it yet.

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu