squeak & 2.0.29 Linux kernel, OK?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Aug 1 07:04:26 UTC 1999

Martin Brown <mjbjr at beaudesign.com> wrote:
> I went to the squeak download site and noticed that the main (?) linux
> file had as part of its name SqueakVM-2.4-i386-linux-2.0.36.  I could not
> find any info on this file and its system requirements.
>
> Is the for glibc only?  Version of glibc?
>
> Is it libc compatible?
>
> Will it work with my libc5 2.0.29 kernel?

The kernel should be fine, though I dunno what libc it is compiled against.  You could always just try it--if it's the wrong libc you should figure it out pretty quickly :)

Incidentaly, it's pretty easy to compile yourself.  Just get the src and util directories, the GNUmakefile* files, and interp.c.  Change to the src directory and type "make".

Lex