Tetris

Michael Donegan invader at zilker.net
Wed Dec 1 04:53:49 UTC 1999

I got interested in the Tetris game a few weeks ago and spent a lot of time
cleaning it up and trying to solve the problem that its performance
degrades as the number of blocks increases. My "optimization" didn't help
all that much, so now I'm kinda interested in how one goes about profiling
and tweaking Morphic code. I'm thinking that it is a Morphic problem. But I
don't have much of a clue.

Also, unfortunately, the brand new hard disk on my iBook croaked and Apple
graciously replaced it along with all my bits so I don't have the fine
cleaned-up version that I had before.

But, before going back and doing it again, I was wondering if anyone would
like to do a tutorial on how to go about finding the hot spots in something
like this.

Has anyone else looked at this problem?

	mkd