port to m68k - where is it

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Dec 3 18:57:22 UTC 1999

> On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, John M McIntosh wrote:
>
>> Ok, I posted a VM (among other things)
>>
>> If a few people could try it and let me know if there are any problems.
>
> It seems to work fine - though it's amazing how slow Squeak runs on a
> 68040/FPU combination.  Sigh...

> Network Technology Corporation       PO Box 600618
> Miles R. Fidelman, President       Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
> mfidelman at ntcorp.com       617-558-3698
> http://www.ntcorp.com              fax: 617-630-8946

Hi I realized I posted a 2.5 VM.

So I built a 2.6 VM, also one with deferred Screen updates just to make it
easier on 68K owners who don't want to want an hour to build a VM.

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/papers/tipsAndThoughts/codeFragments.html

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6