[ENH] Faster Sorted Collections

Michael Rueger Michael.Rueger.-ND at disney.com
Sat Dec 4 03:23:21 UTC 1999

"Stephen T. Pope" wrote:

> I know about the Heap, but the system classes still use boat loads of
> SCs and making them faster can accelerate the system libraries and
> pre-existing applications. Since most users of SCs use the "new" method
> (rather than giving the SC an explicit sort block), the enhancement
> makes a real difference.

Oh, sure, I didn't mean that your enhancement isn't needed!
I just wanted to give an extra hint to people using large sorted
collections.
BTW, heap already uses this technique, but somehow it didn't make it
into SC.

Michael

--

 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill