[HOW DO I?] Objects to/from disk...

Ali Chamas alichamas at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 01:42:37 UTC 1999

Hi,

Whats *THE BEST WAY* to store/read objects to/from
disk? Can any object be converted to a binary form,
then read-in? Is it true that you must have the class
defined before creating a new object? I've noticed
that different classes implement their own read/write
methods here and there, suggesting that it's not as
simple as archiving anything to/from disk. Can anybody
update my knowledge :? My Stream experience is a
little fresh...<GASP!!>

Many many Thanks,
Ali.