InstantMessaging alpha release...

Scott Wallace Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Fri Dec 24 05:36:44 UTC 1999

Dino,

Thanks for the info.

Actually, if you *did* temporarily make it work at least for AIM on
the Mac version, it would be very valuable.  Since anyone can get an
AIM identity for free, at least people wishing to Squeak-IM with each
other on the Mac would have a path to doing so.  (We will certainly
try it out at SC when it becomes possible to use it, even in a
restricted form, on a Mac.)

Which is not to say that the Mac VM shouldn't eventually support UDP
-- only that if there were a quick path to enfranchising Mac
squeakers right away to use your IM code, it would be a boon.  And
we'd not need to wait for the VM change.

Thanks,

   -- Scott