[Bug?!] FileDirectory>>fullNameFor: (was RE: [ENH] UnixFileDirectorytweak)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Tue Dec 21 10:05:51 UTC 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Raab, Andreas wrote:

> > It's the same on unix, but a primitive could change the cwd (even by
> > accident) and thus break the squeak code. So I'd prefer not to use cwd at
> > all.
>
> True but unlikely ;-)

It's not that unlikely, unless you claim to have read all man pages for
all *nix flavours ... For example, the Irix and SunOS man pages for
realpath() say in the NOTES section that

	realpath() may fail to return to the current directory if an error
	occurs.

The GNU manpage doesn't say anything alike. And realpath() _is_ already
used in the VM.

Btw, will your FFI be disabled on VM level in browser mode?

  -Bert-